Ready to proof — CLJ 6/17/22
KJ proofed on 6/17
Ready for author
Color and Design
By Ashley Banbury, NCIDQ, Senior Color Designer, HGTV Home by Sherwin-Williams
At HGTV Home by Sherwin-Williams, we thrive on uniting the design expertise of HGTV and the legendary quality of Sherwin-Williams paints. HGTV Home by Sherwin-Williams delivers premium paints and designer-curated Color Collections that differentiate us from the rest of the paint brands in the market.
In my role as Senior Color Designer for HGTV Home by Sherwin-Williams, I strive to provide on-trend, designer-inspired color solutions for our consumers. As a professional interior designer, my passion is creating solutions for homeowners and their spaces to create the life they dream of. Staying on top of the latest interior design, furniture and home décor trends is an ongoing process; continually observing how consumers' lifestyles are changing and how that is transforming the landscape of design. The result is translating design aesthetics into a color story that consumers can bring into their homes, providing reveal-worthy style and color directions.
Home design and color trends are continually evolving and transitioning, and at HGTV Home by Sherwin-Williams, we are proud to stay ahead of the trend curve to provide aspirational content to our consumers. This is shown through our latest update in our Color Collections, nine new designer-inspired palettes that feature the direction that home design is moving towards. These Color Collections show a range of color combinations and design aesthetics, to speak to everyone’s aesthetic.
HGTV Home by Sherwin-Williams New Color Collections
- Scandinavian Minimalism Color Collection is packed with clean, light and airy hues — a perfect balance of cool neutrals and warm beiges. Organic shades of blonde, green and blues add softened dimension.
- Rustic Farmhouse Color Collection radiates comfort with natural greens, timeless blues and classic white. Traditional hues are combined in a modern way, giving new life to this design aesthetic.
- Industrial Refresh Color Collection is modern and sleek — warm browns add a tonal contrast to urban grays and stonewashed denim, olive and copper anchor the palette, creating interest.
- European Countryside Color Collection is the perfect balance of rustic elegance. Botanical reds and plums harmonize with neutral taupes and blues, creating an old- world palette that is timeless.
- Relaxed Coastal Color Collection is an easy color combination of watery blues and greens, grounded by earthy shades of moss and sand. Casual yet sophisticated like your favorite beachside retreat.
- Earthy Charm Color Collection is rooted in historic charm with warm neutrals and rich coppers that contrast against deep blues and grays — embracing the architectural character of your home.
- Boho Chic Color Collection is a down-to-earth palette that is free-spirited. Mature pastels softened with warm whites and a classic black adds a modern touch.
- Eclectic Mid-Century Color Collection is graphic and classically cool. Iconic pops of color like reds and teals are modernized with warm and cool neutrals.
- Bold Simplicity Color Collection is about bold color contrast with clean lines. Saturated pinks and vibrant pastels are balanced by daring blues and blacks.
In addition to our Color Collections, we also announce our Color Collection of the Year and distinguished Color of the Year annually. The Color Collection of the Year is a small palette, showcasing an on-trend color combination inspired by the latest design and lifestyle home trends. We capture forward-thinking directions, color combinations and show new, fresh ways to bring these colors into your home. Our Color of the Year serves as the foundation for our Color Collection of the Year. This distinct shade is a color that we predict will be at the peak of home trends for years to come, integrated into the home in various ways.
Our color tools don’t stop at our Color Collections — we also provide an online Color Visualizer, helping consumers bring their vision to life! Select from our Color Collection colors or from our large Color Gallery palette of 900 colors. Consumers can upload their own photo from their home or use one of our photos to achieve the perfect look.
Once consumers have their favorite colors narrowed down, they can order the paint chips to get shipped to their house for free, making the paint decision easier for the consumer. Paint color can change its overall appearance in different lighting and color combinations. We find it so important to take a paint chip in the space to observe how the color changes throughout the day with different lighting, giving the consumer confidence in choosing their final paint decision.
At HGTV Home by Sherwin-Williams, we love color and design, providing designer-inspired color combinations right at our consumers’ fingertips. We are proud to help consumers unlock their home’s potential, crafting a space that people can enjoy and love!
*Photos courtesy of HGTV Home by Sherwin-Williams.